Our client, a venture funded biotechnology company located in downtown Montreal, is looking for a Chief Accountant to join its team. Reporting to the controller, and working with other members of the accounting team, duties include the complete accounting cycle, preparation and analysis of financial statements and key management reports, the preparation and coordination of the annual audit, the implementation of internal controls, and improving accounting practices. This role has 1 direct report. This full-time position offers great dynamic working environment, competitive salary and benefits and little to no overtime.
- Exposure to consolidation, and accounting for intercompany transactions in a complex organizational structure is an asset
- Accounting designation required
- Bilingual, with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Solid IT skills
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Company’s success, client service and employee satisfaction and retention email@example.com
About the Author: Dejan Ristic
In 2004, I founded Exceleris. In addition to managing all recruitment aspects of Exceleris, I have consulted (as CFO or in similar roles) with a number of technology companies (both publicly traded and venture funded start-ups)....