Located in downtown Montreal, our client, a large multinational public company, in the financial sector is looking for a Director to join its team. This opportunity entails preparation and analysis of key financial and non-financial management reports, participation in process improvement, coordination of the year end audit process between corporate departments and external auditors. The Director will also be responsible for SOX documentation and compliance, and management of process control aspects as well as supervision of staff. The company offers a very competitive salary, bonus, and many other benefits, and an outstanding downtown location. The opportunity is ideal for CPA CA with 5-7 years of experience looking to move into industry.
- Professional accounting designation is a requirement CPA (CA, CMA, CGA)
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in a larger company or in a Big 4 firm
- Experience in the financial services sector an asset
- Strong knowledge of audit and control procedures and process documentation
- Ability to facilitate relations among operational groups and financial units.
- Ability to lead, mentor, evaluate and develop employees; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Leadership skills, collaboration and creative thinking
- Ability to work independently
- Must be bilingual and a good communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Current knowledge of IFRS
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Company’s success, client service and employee satisfaction and retention.
About the Author: Dejan Ristic
In 2004, I founded Exceleris. In addition to managing all recruitment aspects of Exceleris, I have consulted (as CFO or in similar roles) with a number of technology companies (both publicly traded and venture funded start-ups)....