Located in downtown Montreal, our client, a venture funded high-technology service company, is looking for Junior Controller, to lead the preparation of monthly financial, audit files, taxation matters and cash flow management. This is a full time position. Great entrepreneurial working environment, opportunity for growth and learning, annual compensation of $60,000-70,000 per year, other benefits and a great downtown location.
Working closely with the CFO the Junior Controller will be responsible for:
- All ongoing monthly bookkeeping
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly accounting entries, financial statements and various monthly/quarterly reports
- Preparation of required financial and data analysis
- Account reconciliations and some financial statement preparation
- Payment processing and issuance of all checks and wires
- Receivables management
- Government remittances, DAS, GST/QST etc.
- Other assistance in the month end closing and quarter end closing process;
- Excellent accounting skills and experience, including accounting systems
- Knowledge and experience with Simply Accounting and Quick books is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience, smaller company environment a plus
- CGA accounting designation, is a plus
- Professional and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative, accommodating and versatile
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player;
About the Author: Dejan Ristic
In 2004, I founded Exceleris. In addition to managing all recruitment aspects of Exceleris, I have consulted (as CFO or in similar roles) with a number of technology companies (both publicly traded and venture funded start-ups)....